“The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”
"We'll spread this love like dandelions"
"I wanna serve up the Truth like it's pink lemonade"
Monday, April 9, 2012
I - a poem written Fall 2010
who am i?
i am lost in a sea of 6 billion.
I am quiet, mostly an observer.
I am an artist with clumsy hands.
I am a romantic but never had a lover.
I am a seamstress without any patience.
I am a gourmet chef stuck in a dorm kitchen.
I am a poetic novelist with bad dreams and writer’s block.
I am a concert pianist whose instrument is untouchable.
I am an overachiever but don’t have the energy.
I am trying to be the best me I can,
The world just doesn’t know.
Labels:
creative writing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment